A Re-Cap of SiriusDecisions Summit Day One in Less than 335 Words
Yesterday kicked off day one of the SiriusDecisions Summit here in San Diego. With 1,500 in attendance the conference has become quite the event for B2B marketing and sales professionals. If you were not one of the people in attendance, here is a quick recap of what you missed.
Four-Star General Stan McChrystal kicked off the day with a keynote that discussed the risks leaders take each and every day. As B2B Marketing and Sales leaders we must learn to do the following:
- Understand the need for and appreciate change
- Take advantage of collaboration – nobody wins alone
- Understand the criticality of relationship – Most Important!
The day then transitioned to John Neeson, Co-Founder and Managing Partner of SiriusDecisions, where he unpacked “Conquering the Ever Changing World of B2B Buying”. In short, aligning around the buyer is crucial and to be successful in this new buyer paradigm, sales needs to:
- Improve their skills in delivering a better value proposition to their buyers
- Collaborate with marketing to develop the marketing strategy.
For their role, marketers need to:
- Produce content that aligns to specific personas
- Take a more active role in sales enablement
Tony Jaros, topped off the day by presenting the third revision of the Demand Waterfall. Rather than provide my own details, I listed some of the best Tweets from the session to provide a better overview.
- 30% of inquiries today are generated from #inbound #marketing via @AskAlicia
- 35% of companies let most or all Inquires to AQL; those companies not using scoring or using it badly – via @jonmiller
- 66% of leads are being accepted by sales. Number hasn’t changed much since evolution of waterfall last year via @eeestep
- Best in class demand engines are in balance. And can scale says via @KurtMW
There you have it, a quick run down of the day one activity at the Summit – more on day two tomorrow!